In-Home Services is a Medicaid based program that is funded by county, state and federal dollars. The goal of the IHS program is to allow low income aged, blind, and disabled persons, who are at risk for out-of-home placement, to remain safely at home by providing payment for care provider services. IHS is considered an alternative to out-of-home care, such as nursing homes or other care facilities.
Services available in the community include:
How do I make a referral?
- Personal care including bathing, dressing, and grooming;
- Advanced personal care services such as ostomy and catheter care;
- Housekeeping, meal preparation, and shopping;
- Nursing services such as medication set-ups, blood draws, or diabetic nail care;
- Respite services to relieve a family member or caregiver;
- Meals provided by the Area Agencies on Aging; and
- Adult day care programs
The Division of Senior and Disability Services (DSDS) is responsible for the eligibility determination for and authorization of Home and Community Based Services. Referrals for Home and Community Based Services can be called in by phone at 1-866-835-3505.