In-Home Services is a Medicaid based program that is funded by county, state and federal dollars. The goal of the IHS program is to allow low income aged, blind, and disabled persons, who are at risk for out-of-home placement, to remain safely at home by providing payment for care provider services. IHS is considered an alternative to out-of-home care, such as nursing homes or other care facilities. Our services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have on-call staff available 24 hours a day for follow-up or immediate assistance.
Services available in the community include:
How do I make a referral?
- Housekeeping, meal preparation, and shopping
- Personal care including bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Nursing services such as medication set-ups, blood draws, or diabetic nail care
- Meals provided by the Area Agencies on Aging
- Advanced personal care services such as ostomy and catheter care
- Respite services to relieve a family member or caregiver
- Adult day care programs
Call our office at 417-414-4877 and we will complete the necessary paperwork on your behalf to get you the assistance you need.